Tuesday, January 6, 2009

White Christmas

We asked for a white Christmas and we got one. For Christmas this year we headed to Salt Lake City Utah. We drove for this trip and took the FJ Cruiser in hopes that the 4 wheel drive would help us with snow, ice and/or rain. The drive is never as bad as Tucker makes it seem. We were determined to make it to SLC for a visit with Grandma Slagle and family adventures with the Cannons.



As part of the family festivities we first headed to Daniel's Summit about 20 miles past Park City. What mom failed to tell us was that we would be driving there in a snow storm. Anyone who knows me knows that my anxiety doesn't handle snow storms (particularly in Utah) very well. Tucker is my hero, as always, and drove like a SLC native getting us to the lodge safe and sound. Daniel's Summit Lodge was beautiful. We went snowmobiling, had nice family dinners, played an interesting rendition of White Elephant and had messages.





For Christmas we were back at Grandma Slagle's house where we woke to snow everywhere. We all opened presents, grandma especially liked the aroma therapy heated slippers and pillow we got for her. Then, we were lucky enough to catch some of the Cannon family at Grandpa Cannon and Grandma Wanda's house. To my excitement I got to meet some of Tucker's cousins that I have not had the opportunity to meet. They are all so wonderful, I am so blessed to have had them welcome me into their family. Last, we headed over to Aunt Shauna's and Uncle Mike's for a great buffet dinner. Which we had to leave prematurely because, yep, another snow storm. Christmas this year was a busy, eventful day.

Amongst all the activities we managed to go snowboarding with Erin, Griffin, Hadyn, and Chad (our cousin), have snowball fights, take scenic drives, take a Christmas Eve stroll through Temple Square, and make frequent stops at Salty Peaks.


Although we had such a fun time with our SLC family we did miss our home and having our own traditions. We also missed having the Snows with us for yet another Christmas. Maybe next year.....

1 comment:

d said...

Are you trying to make me cry? At least you had some family with you! I missed you so much. I put Cannon and Ro in their little vests from you and hats from mom on Christmas day in an effort to feel closer!
I am totally with you on the snow storm freak outs. I lived in snow for years and I hated every minute of driving in it. It doesn't seem to bother mom and dad though- anyone is better than me especially snow natives.