Friday, January 9, 2009

Wake in the New Year

Once again I have no New Years resolution. Although I can see how it is beneficial for some people to set goals and make commitments it just doesn't work for me. Everyday when I get out of bed I tell myself that today I am going to be a better wife, friend, teacher, person than I was yesterday. I guess in some way I am doing a daily resolution to better myself. With all of our little families recent activities time has flown by. In the last 3 weeks of my Winter Break I have had sad tears, happy tears, laughter, family fun, reconnected with an old friend, said goodbye to an old friend, and gotten closer to my husband. In 2009 I don't want to miss a beat, I want my eyes to be wide open to life and the beauty of it. I have been blessed beyond what I deserve and I want to experience all of it to the fullest.


To celebrate New Years this year we headed to Mammoth. I hadn't been to Mammoth in 9 years and I forgot how beautiful the town was. We rented a condo close to the lifts with 8 other people. We had 5 days of snowboarding, partying, playing, tubing and driving.

Happy New Year everyone! May your 2009 be happy, healthy and full of life.



Me getting pscyhed up to dominate some punk
6-8 yr old local 'tubers' down the slope





"Ye Auld Dubliner!"

No comments: