Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Didn't Even Get Wet

I always wondered why it is called a "Bridal Shower." Is it because for one day the bride-to-be can get a party all for herself? Is it because the bride-to-be gets showered with gifts? Or could it be that in the soon-to-be future forcast shows a storm a-coming because marriage is the metaphor?



Well, whatever the reason I must say that my Bridal Shower was perfect. Stephanie, Dayna and Erin put together a fabulous party for me. All the decorations matched my wedding colors and Dayna placed pictures of Tuck and me around the room. There was a guest sign-in where guests wrote their well wishes on aprons, one for Tuck and one for me. The food was catered by Sharky's, which has yummy organic Mexican food. Belinda Oborn not only helped set up all the decorations, she also made these wonderful mini bunt cakes that were in my wedding colors. Before I could open the mound of gifts I had to answer questions that were also asked of Tucker to see how well we knew each other. To my surprise Dayna had video taped Tucker the day before and his answers where prejected on the big screen for all to see. I believe I passed the test with flying colors. The day was perfect, I was surrounded by all my friends and family all of which I am so blessed to have in my life. Thank you to Steph, Dayna and Erin for truly throwing a wonderful Bridal Shower for me, I could not ask for better sisters(in-law) and mother (in-law).


















No comments: