Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Diaper Free Baby

I learned about Elimination Communication (EC) while I was pregnant listening to a podcast called Pregtastic. So, I bought the book, read it, and thought sure its doable.... Cash came along and I thought what the heck was I thinking there's no time, patience or energy for this.
When Cash was 7 and a half months I met a momma who was starting EC with her girl who is the same age as Cash. I revisited the book still in my pregnancy book pile, and knew that it was worth a try to at least EC part time. I pulled my potty chair that I used when I was a toddler out of the garage, cleaned it up, and sure enough Cash pees or poops in it 90% of the time. The key was just figuring out his elimination habits! 
Since we are saving 37cents on a diaper each time he uses the potty Tucker said we can start Cash's college fund 37 cents at a time. He has crawled to the potty a couple times thus far, I put him on it and he eliminates. I think we will slowly but surely be diaper free. 

No comments: