Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Been Such a Long Time

Maybe.....just maybe you've been wondering what we have been up to the last few weeks.
The following events are not in chronological order.

I ventured to a work retirement party.

Ms. Dillion the VP of my school presenting my boss the retiree, Judy Dichter, the principal.
Me and a close friend/collegue/ mentor/room neighbor, Elaine DuRoff.
Me, my supervisor from CSUN (the fabulous Shirley Hoffner whom I deeply respect), and Ms. Kropp (a Kinder teacher)Ms. Wendy (the school librarian), Drama Sue (the school's drama teacher), me, teacher friend Karen Winston, and lastly my mentor teacher and student teaching support Laura Freedman

We went to Newport for my birthday.
Tuck and B playing Boccie Ball.
The sun even came out for us.


We went to Topanga Days.
There were more people than we expected and saw more "hippies" in one place then I've ever seen in my life. We staked out a spot on the grass lawn and watched the bands jam.


I planned Diversity Day at our school.
We created an Indian market place behind our classroom. I know no one knows the sweat and hustle that goes into our school's Diversity Day except the teachers at our school. But I'm glad that this year my class chose India for our cultural fair. They made rugs, booths, Gandhi fans (because it is hot in India), the boys wore dressy India hats and the girls made bangles out of toilet paper roles and puffy paint (what...I grew up in the 80's and the bracelets turned out cute). They even had little passports that they took with them to visit the other countries around the school. Fun times! And we've been gardening and nurturing our veggie plants.
There will be many more posts to come because I'm on Summer Break. There's now a new meaning to the song, "school's out for summer, school's out forever." I forget the band but I know you are singing it in your head just like I am.

No comments: