Friday, June 26, 2009

Hiking with the Cannon Boys

I thought a pleasant morning hike in Topanga sounded relaxing. And that is exactly how it started. There were plenty of deer grazing the brush, bunny rabbits catching the first morning sun, and spider webs dripping with dew.



The view from the top of the mountains was beautiful. But quickly I realized the the 3 Cannon boys were leading me straight into the center to the lush canyons. The gradual downward trail was mixed with steep wooded steps.






After a few photos no where near the base, the boys, wanted to continue our decent. Now those of you who know Tristan Cannon know the type of blood that runs through his offspring (I think no further explanation is needed:). It took convincing because I know what goes down must go up again.




So we began our incline. I thought I wasn't going to make it out of the trail, my heart was pounding, my buttocks muscles burned, I was taking those small steps where you can barely lift each leg to take you further and I made Tucker stop with me every 10 feet so I could catch my breath. Once we reached the trail head it was safe to say I'd never take that trail again.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Tara, be warned, that blood runs thick through the Cannon males. They are all crazy....I'm glad you made it out alive!!

d said...

ohhhhh, I am so sad I missed it. My boys!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to go hiking together soon. Lets just not think about doing this one :)

Erin C said...

I am bummed I missed it too! Hope there is another in store soon!