Saturday, February 21, 2009

Belated Heart Day

I know it has been a week since Valentine's Day. I'll save you all the woes of why it has taken me a week to post about the big day of love.
For Valentine's Day this year Tucker and I packed a lunch and took a beautiful hike in Malibu. The trail we took is called Solstice Canyon Loop. For those of you familiar with this trail it includes an easy hike with ocean views, old burnt down houses, waterfalls and strange, creepy statues/ruins. Much to my dismay there were no restrooms along the 3.5 mile trail. Why can't trail be more accommodating to woman's needs? Gosh!
After the hike we ventured home in the FJ and started preparing for our in home sushi dinner. For the last 4 year Tuck and I have been buying sashimi, taking it home and making our very own sushi rolls. It is great fun! I highly suggest this activity. Just get sushi rice, seaweed, soy paper, sesame seeds, carrots, cucumber and avocado at the local Whole Foods and sashimi ordered to go from the local sushi joint and you have your very own sushi celebration at home.
Hiking and Sushi aside, it was great to spend the whole day with the person that I heart most in life. It is so fun making everyday full of excitement and love, not just designating it to this one day of the year.

No comments: