Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Brave Man


Tucker had surgery to repair his torn Achilles tendon last Friday. I was a nervous wrench and was almost brought to tears when I had to leave him.Tucker never looked scared or showed signs of worry.  He had a fabulous surgeon and was in good hands at the new "state of the art" orthopedic wing of Hoag Hospital Irvine. Mom Cannon met me at the hospital waiting room and distracted my nerves with light conversation and gossip magazines. After an hour or so in recovery we could go up to see him and sign release papers. He was in good spirits and looked extremely tired. He slept the rest of the day and awoke at 4am when the nerve block on the lower part of his leg wore off. Every day he seems to feel better than the last. He is such a brave man for going through this with little complaints and lots of thanks.

3 comments:

Erin C said...

You guys are both so brave! He is in such good hands now!

Sitting in a Tree said...

Thanks Er! I know that you would have been a more perfect fit for the business going on here with all your nursing background. I hope clinicals went well for you and I can't wait to spend more time with you with your 2 whole months off school!

d said...

ohhh Tara and Tuck you are so lucky you have each other. I feel so bad but hopefully it is only up hill from here on out. Love you guys!