Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Saturday Morning Workout

Some may think a relaxing Saturday morning workout consists of a quiet walk or a peaceful hike. Not around these parts. We climb rocks!


















*Chase reaching for sky on Boulder 1
Coley and Chase were definitely showing up Tucker and I on the cliffs. Tuck is suffering from a shoulder injury due to a snowboarding mishap at Mt High yesterday and I had the only excuse of it being my first time. Rock Climbing was a childhood favorite of the Cannon boys at Stoney Point thanks to Dad Cannon, so of course they were well trained and taught all safety precautions.
I am amazed at what a crazy "sport" this is; gear, guts, muscles and balance. I can't wait to hit the rocks again.



*This is about as far as I got this time : (

















*Cole looking down after powering his first climb on Boulder2



















Hey, look at me! I think I just earned another Cannon badge.













*Tara getting up on stairs Boulder2






4 comments:

d said...

you did awesome, and if Cole can do it, anyone can!!!;)

Steph said...

where are the ropes???
mom

Sitting in a Tree said...

Well...um... the ropes are rock colored that's why you can't see them in the pictures.
Oh man... why do I always get in trouble when we hang out with Cole?
;)

Brendan said...

Is Tara climbing to the fashion show??