Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

My family comes from a long line of veterans, dating back to the Civil War. The Cashman family line has a exciting Irish history in itself which my Aunt Linda is researching extensively. I am proud to say that I have a grandfather, great grandfather, great great grandfather, great great great grandfather and a great uncle that have served for our country, for making it the free country we live in. Just as proud as Tuck and I are of his grandfather Bud Slagle who served in World War II.As I talked with my class about Veteran's Day they had numerous questions that I was not prepared for, such as, why do some army men live on water? Why do they wear army print? Why are there bad guys? etc. many questions I could answer others were sad and difficult.Nothing can make me as proud to know that when my grandfather passed away he had an American flag covering his casket. Thank you Veteran's for letting us experience the freedom we all have today. Below is a picture of my great, great, great grandfather (far left) in his Civil War uniform. An oldie but goodie!


In the picture below my grandfather (far right) is pictured with his brother and uncle.

No comments: